What books should first grader be reading?
Books for Grade 1 – our recommendations
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka.
- There’s an Alligator Under My Bed by Mercer Mayer.
- Freckle Juice by Judy Blume.
- The Boy Who Loved Words by Roni Schotter.
- There is a Bird on Your Head!
- Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary.
- Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French.
Are there chapter books for 1st graders?
Parents and teachers often have a tough time with this genre, but no worries – Happily Ever Elephants has got you covered when it comes to fabulous chapter books for 1st graders, particularly those of you looking for great first grade books with which your kiddos will fall in love.
What books should 8 year olds read?
Popular Series for 8-10 Year Olds
- Magic School Bus Chapter Books: Note that these are different than the popular “graphic image” books.
- 39 Clues.
- How I Survived Middle School.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (books or online version), Dear Dumb Diary, or Popularity Papers.
- Amazing Days of Abby Hayes.
- Harry Potter.
- Ghost Hunters.
What books should a 7 year old boy be reading?
Fantasy Books with Heroes, Dragons, and Pirates
- Fantasy Books with Heroes, Dragons, and Pirates.
- Dragon Slayers’ Academy Series. by Kate McMullan, illustrated by Bill Basso.
- Zapato Power Series.
- The High-Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate.
- Thorfinn the Nicest Viking Series.
What books should 8 year olds be reading?
Recommended reads: ages 8–10
- How to Train Your Dragon. Cressida Cowell (Hodder)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Roald Dahl (Puffin)
- The Tale of Despereaux. Kate DiCamillo, illustrated by Timothy Basil Ering (Walker)
- The Arrival. Shaun Tan (Hodder)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Book 1.
- The Demon Headmaster.
- Charlotte’s Web.
What is the reading level for first grade?
Range of Typical reading Levels in First Grade. In the fall, first graders typically independently read at a Level 4. By the end of first grade, a typical first grader will independently read at Level 16. It is important to note that some students may have DRA scores that are above or below the grade-level expectation.
What is first grade curriculum?
Free First Grade Curriculum. First grade curricula must cover the basics of math, reading, science, social studies and arts in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. 1st grade lessons provide the foundation for the learning that happens in later years, so it is important to be careful while selecting the 1st grade curriculum for your child.
What is first grade book?
The BIA produced the first edition of My First Grade Book in 1960. During the 1950’s the BIA adopted the Scott-Foresman basal reader series in which the children stars were Dick and Jane . My First Grade Book was considered as “supplemental” to the basal readers.